bachelor / master thesis (d/f/m)
analysis, design and implemenation of a novel wind turbine HiL-simulator
Efficient and reliable testing of wind energy systems is crucial for a successful transition to 100% renewable energy. At conatys our mission is bringing intelligence to test benches in order to allow realistic, reliable and effective testing and certifying of wind turbines in the future.
We are constantly improving our HiL-simulator in order get the best results at test benches. Currently, we are evaluating a new software and hardware structure of our HiL-simulator. For this, we are searching for motivated students to support this work. The detailed tasks will depend on the type of thesis and the progress our development made.
You will contribute to our newly developed HiL-simulator, which allows multi-body and external simulators to be integrated safely. Thereby your thesis will address some of the following topics.
- Re-design existing HiL-simulator concept, to integrate multi-body simulation
- Run case-studies to analyze the performance and accuracy of the HiL-simualtor
- Develop automatic evaluation fucntions for accuracy assessment
- Implement new simulator concept on real-time hardware
If you find yourself in the following statements, reach out to us!
- Experience with Matlab/Simulink
- Basic understanding of wind energy and Hardware-in-the-Loop concept
- Background in Mechanical-, Electrical-, Computational Engineering or similar
- Solution-oriented, structured person.
- Hands on mentality and keen to learn
- Nice to have: Experience with multi-body simulation (ideally for wind turbines)
- Nice to have: Baseline knowledge of control engineering
You get the chance working in a young, small and dynamic team. You can really make a difference here.
- Getting insights into the future of wind energy testing
- Learning from and working with experienced control engineers
- Average 12-20h/week
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible working location
Send your application (cover letter, CV, certificates, references) to email@example.com (pdfs only)